Design the Help You Need!
On 13th June, parent / carers and professionals will come together to help design services and improve support for your child (0-25) with special educational needs / disabilities.
We’ll be running two sessions (10:00 – 14:30) or (18:00 – 21:00) with the same content, so you can choose which is best for you.
Topics in each session include:
- Making the transfer between educational settings better
- Designing support from the Birth-25 Service with and without a social worker
- Discovering new initiatives and resources for education, health, and care in Bristol
In the Education workshop we will look at how to improve transfers for children between educational settings. So that you are placed at the correct table, when you book please choose – either the transfer your child is approaching that you have concerns about, or a transfer that you have experienced that we can learn from – out of the following options:
- Early year’s transfers
- Primary to Secondary transfer
- Mainstream to specialist provision transfers (including transfers to additional learning provisions, such as Hospital Education, Pupil Referral Units, etc.)
- Secondary to Post-16 transfer
- Out of education (beyond education) transfer
During the daytime event there will be free therapies for parent carers – please book your 15 minute session when you arrive. The sorts of therapies on offer will be:
- Cranio-sacral therapy
Both sessions include a cold buffet.
How to get there and where to park
Please click here to see directions and transport options for the Trinity Centre
Please click here to see a map with the nearby parking to use – parking at the Centre is restricted and will be allocated by BPC to those with access needs only.
ESSENTIAL TO BOOK: Book early to avoid disappointment