Since our launch event, we have been busy putting in place many of the organisational arrangements required.
We now have...
- Terms of Reference for the parent carer forum and for the Steering Group, and a Mode of Operation for the Focus Groups.
- Written roles and responsibilities for key posts, and an elected Chair, Vice-Chair, and Secretary.
- A data protection policy, consent forms for holding data, data protection notification statements, data handlers, and a members database and data capture sheets under construction.
- A small website development team receiving training on how to manage this expanding website.
- A budget-expenditure spreadsheet.
- Our own office, phone line and Administrator.
- A newsletter. To make sure parents of disabled children only receive one newsletter - we now contribute to a joint newsletter with the local authorities called Findability News! http://www.findability.org.uk/
- General promotional material (leaflet, poster, pens).
- Provided training for parent carers to gain skills in participation, taking care of their own well-being, and caring and working.
- Provided training for professional to gain skill in participation.
- Provided training for Steering Group members in participation, induction into BPC, and public speaking.
- Organised three annual Participation Events (2010, 2011, 2012)
- Become part of a network of regional and national parent carer forums - we attend South West Regional meetings to share experiences and solutions.
For all materials click on our Downloadable Resources page.