Discover what provision there is for 16-25 year olds with SEND in Bristol
Parent carer of a young person with SEND in Bristol?
Unsure what provision there is for 16-25 years old?
Come and find out - and tell us your views!
Bring your young person (16+) if they want their say!
At our event last November, we looked at specialist education provision for post 16's. But many of you also wanted to talk about housing, jobs, leisure activities and gaining independence.
So ... Bristol Parent Carers and Bristol's Children and Young People's Services invite you to a Preparing for Adulthood participation event, to discover what you want in Bristol for 16-25 year olds now and in the future.
Tuesday 28th June
Choose - Daytime: 11.45am - 2.15pm with lunch
or - Evening: 6.00pm - 8.40pm with food
South Bristol Skills Academy
Winter Garden Room,
The Boulevard, Hengrove Park,
Bristol, BS14 0DB
Please join us for information - a lovely meal - and to get your views heard! If your young person is 16 years or over and would like to have their voice heard - bring them along too!
Your experiences and opinions are essential!
At the event there will be:-
Talk to staff and gain information about options in Bristol for 16-25 years olds under the Preparing for Adulthood themes of:-
- Training and employment
- Independent living
- Community inclusion
- Health and well-being
You Said, We Did...
Discover the progress Bristol City Council has made with your suggestions for improving specialist education, training, and care in Bristol for 16-25 year olds. Obtain clarification on any changes brought about by the SEND Reforms.
Learn about Bristol City Council's plans to enable more young people to live, learn, and gain independence in Bristol. Tell them what you think.
Tell us what you/your young person would like to happen as they grow into adulthood. What challenges do you face as a family? Your views will be captured by the team - for future planning.
As ever, Bristol Parent Carers will be pleased to reimburse travel costs (with a receipt) as well as alternative childcare costs with an invoice - please call us on 0117 9396645 (ext 204) if you need advice on this. So that we know how many people to get food for, this is a bookable event:
Book Your Place Now!
- Add “Preparing for Adulthood” to the subject line
- State daytime or evening event
- State numbers attending, names, and age of any young person accompanying you
- State any dietary or access requirements you have
How To Get There
- The South Bristol Skills Academy (SBSA) is on The Boulevard, off Whitchurch Lane in Hengrove - please click here for a map to the venue.
- If coming by car, taxi or minibus (ask your school if they can transport a group of parents & pupils), use the car parks for Hengrove Leisure Centre and South Bristol Community Hospital on The Boulevard, or park in nearby residential streets.
- Disabled parking for SBSA is available - but call 0117 3125000 in advance.
- Buses 36, 50, 51, 52, 75, 76, 515, 627 either stop outside or nearby.
We really hope to welcome you to one of these events - the more parent carers/young people present, the clearer the picture we can give Bristol's Children & Young People's Services of what services there should be for 16-25 years olds with SEND.
We look forward to seeing you there!