Polly Sweeney, Partner at Rook Irwin Sweeney LLP, Steve Broach, Barrister at 39 Essex Chambers and Alice Irving, Barrister joining Doughty Street Chambers from September 2020, will be delivering a free webinar from 1.30pm – 2.45pm on 23rd July 2020 on the legal rights of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities returning to School in September.
The session will cover: –
- The latest government guidance and what is expected of families from September
- What support and provision children and young people with SEND will be entitled to receive
- Do children and young people with SEND have to return to School
- Children and young people who have been shielding
- In what circumstances parents can be fined for non-attendance
There will also be an opportunity to ask questions via Zoom’s Q&A.
The webinar will be aimed at parents and carers and advice/advocacy organisations that support families and young people, although anyone is welcome to attend.
There will not be a charge for the webinar but where people are able, people are invited to give a one off donation of a suggested amount of £5.00 to AbleChildAfrica: a charity that protects, educates and empowers children with disabilities in Africa.
Date and time
Thursday 23rd July, 1.30pm – 2.45pm
To register for this event please CLICK HERE. There is no cost for the webinar. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
PLEASE NOTE: This webinar is hosted by Zoom. Please visit the Zoom website for their Terms & Conditions.