Thank you to Marilyn Crofts, the Local Offer Coordinator, who came to visit us a couple of weeks ago to talk about how we could improve Bristol’s Local Offer. Here are a few words from her after our meeting.
“Thank you for participating in the Local Offer At Home event on 6th February 2020. We asked what you would like to see on the Local Offer website to help us to develop a website that you want.
Based on your valuable feedback work has begun on:
- Changing the name from Bristol’s Local Offer to Bristol’s SEND Local Offer
- Ensuring more diverse images are included on the site
- Including regular updates on the Bristol Autism Team page
- Making sure the page of local organisations is comprehensive and up-to-date
- Creating a SEND vocabulary page
You also told us you would like us to include a searchable directory of local services, add a translation function to the website, improve the accessibility of the website, and a calendar of events.”
Marilyn also told us that she is keen to set up a regular SEND Local Offer Development Group and would love a Parent Carer to attend to give ideas and feedback – would you be willing to help? If so, please click here to email BPC for more details.